by Jonathan Maurin (Aeon-Lux)
some things i’d like to point out, because a lot of people seem to be confused:
- THIS ISN’T A HOAX OR A FANVID! star trek renegades is a project headed by Tim Russ (Tuvok) and other members of the cast and crew of previous incarnations of Star Trek to continue a Star Trek narrative for webisodes
- Star Trek fans raised the entire budget for this trailer by themselves! this is the first teaser, and if i’m not mistaken, there’s going to be a longer trailer/pilot episode released in the future.
- THE GOAL IS TO GET FUNDING FOR THIS TO BE MADE INTO A WEB SERIES—THEY STILL NEED FUNDING
- thIS IS UP TO US TO SUPPORT AND GET THIS MADE BEYOND A PILOT EPISODE! HERE’S HOW TO HELP
- you can support star trek renegades through their twitter, facebook, and official website (AND OF COURSE ALSO VOICING YOUR SUPPORT OF IT!)
Omg I can’t breathe. I’m too fucking excited. Take it, take ALL MY MONEY and make this a thing
Ok yeah. you have to give money, it’s the law
THIS. THIS IS WHAT I WANTED.
THIS IS THE ACTION-PACKED REBOOT I WANTED.
I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS.
dang this looks rad
Pacific Rim Typhoon cosplay by BrooklynRobotWorks
I like Typhoon weapon, but it is not with this stunning cosplay.
Construction time: 550 hours
Parts Acquisition: 10 months
Weight: 152 lbs.
Some of his more interesting parts…
2 rat traps, 7 mousetraps (2 types), 53 toy truck wheels, 2 business card holders, hockey helmet,
2 plungers, rotating lawn sprinkler, 4 egg slicers, 4 ice scrapers, 4 ladles, 4 slotted spoons, camping thermos,
toilet flush valve, 8 ice skate blade guards (2 types), 2 baseball throat guards, trashcan foot pedal,
2 spoon draincups, 2 blender bases, 4 hair cutter spacers, 2 kneepads, thermos base, ski goggles,
football shoulder pads, 6 shinguards (3 types), 2 hockey leg guards, wall outlet plate, 3 vitamin cases
(2 types), 3 manicure bowls, 3 doorknob wall guards, hand towel holder, 4 bicycle splashguards
(2 types), 25 turnbuckles, corner paint applicator, slotted ladle, 2 faucet strainers, paper towel holder,
3 screen door latches, handheld spotlight, 2 flashlights, closet pole mounts, lots of bottlecaps,
lots of knobs & pull handles, lots and lots of plastic from trashcans, buckets & food containers
18” X 24” 4 color screen print, edition of 100.
Engineers of Textron Defense Systems are applying the ablative layer to the Orion heat shield construction. The ablative layer of the heat shield is the layer that will absorb most of the heat during reentry. The layer actually burns up, this burning will cost enough energy to keep the astronauts cool.
Source: Orion Facebook
Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer, is testing unmanned drones to deliver goods to customers, according to Chief Executive Jeff Bezos.
The drones, called Octocopters, could deliver packages weighing up to 2.3kg to customers within 30 minutes of them placing the order, he said.
However, he added that it could take up to five years for the service to start.
The US Federal Aviation Administration is yet to approve the use of unmanned drones for civilian purposes.
A quick tutorial on how I paint (mostly angular) shaped objects in a BG.
Here’s my inking tools <3
Col-erase light blue pencil (for pencil cleanup)
Rosemary & Co Series 33 brush, no.4 (for most of the inking)
Papermate Flair M (for detail work)
Pigma Graphic 1&2 (mostly for balloons and sound effects)
Koh-i-noor drawing ink (black)